Minutes Dec. 17, 1999
Present: Jim Skaley, Deb Grantham, Jerry Codner, Sharon Anderson
- Update from the IO meeting: Jerry summarized the meeting. At the IO meeting he provided
an update on the committees efforts and plans.
- Promotional efforts:
- the post cards went out to most of the watershed. The City of Ithaca was excluded due to
its size and other ways of reaching residents such as the posting of flyers, radio and
newspaper announcements. Flyers were also given to IO members. Sharon met with the Seneca
Water Quality Committee, passed out flyers and garnered their sponsorship for the Seneca
meeting. Sharon was scheduled at the Dec meeting of the Cayuga Countys Water Quality
Management Agency (WQCC equivalent) however it was canceled. She has not yet received
confirmation whether or not the WQMA would like to co-sponsor the Cayuga Meeting.
- Letter went out to 400 people including municipal officials, special interests groups of
which we are aware and media announcing the release of the Characterization and inviting
- PSAs: Deb and Jerry will work on a press release. Jim will work with Janet on an
opinion/editorial piece to come out shortly before the meetings. Sharon has an interview
with Casey Stevens on Jan 14, in advance of the Tompkins Meeting. Deb and Jerry will also
work on a script for a short radio or video PSA.
- A spread on the Cayuga Lake Watershed that appeared in the Rochester newspaper is
expected to be printed in the Ithaca Journal in the next 2 weeks.
- Review and finalizing of public meeting agenda:
- Deb can attend 1/11 & 19. Jim 1/13 & 1/19. Jerry 1/13 & 1/19. Sharon will
attend all 3.
- The Technical Committee suggested handing out a card as people walked in as a method of
collecting their concerns. The draft questions are at the end of these minutes. Please get
Sharon any suggested revisions by January 4.
- Please think of some questions to prompt discussion in small groups, in case groups need
help getting started. Please get to Sharon by Jan 4.
- Sharon will ask Sylvia to provide an overview and ask which session(s) she will attend.
Deb could provide the overview for 1/11 or 1/19 if needed. We plan to break out into small
groups, probably 10 people are the maximum size per group. We decided to ask 5 people per
evening if they could be small group facilitators with 3 people to serve as backup
(Sharon, Dave and Liz) if we have a large audience. The committee will contact possible
facilitators: Jerry - Tim Pezzolesi; Deb - Linda Wagenet, Lyle Raymond; Jim - Steve Eidt,
Gene Hocutt, Liz Thorndike, Janet Hawkes; Sharon - Liz, Dave, Monika
Water motivated you to come tonight?
What do you hope is accomplished for the Watershed as a result?
Help us get to know who is here tonight. Please check all that apply;
lake shore property
lake dependent business
UPDATES SINCE THE MEETING:
Dave has extra Executive Summaries and will provide 50 for the first meeting and will we
print more after that if needed. He is willing to be back up small group facilitator
Renewal certification credits for pesticide operators and water operators has been
Return to index
To contact the
Cayuga Lake Watershed
CLW IO 2002